Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Getting it Right

Recently I met with faculty and staff of one of our schools in Canada. Mennonite Church Canada is fortunate to have several schools to educate our children and prepare our leaders.

I had been asked to share what I have been hearing or experiencing in my visits across Canada. So I explained the appeal of Anabaptist principles that I had sensed especially among students and young adults.

"The emphasis on discipleship and community is very attractive," I explained.

The quiet nods of assent indicated the broad agreement to my assessment. Then one of the faculty broke the silence.

"Actually," he said, "I think it is Jesus they are drawn to and the high view of Christ found in Anabaptism fits well with the appeal."

I blinked back across the table. How easy it is to forget the obvious.

I smiled and thanked God for the gentle but important reminder.

"Sorry Jesus," I silently prayed, and quietly promised to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment